5 Best Ways to Sell Tour Tickets on Facebook
The tourism industry is always changing, and companies are always looking for new and effective ways to reach their target audience and sell more tour tickets.
Social media, especially Facebook, is becoming more and more popular, so it’s important for tour operators to use this tool to reach potential customers and make more sales.
Facebook has over 2.96 billion active users every month, and the site has a lot of tools and features that can help tour operators market and sell tickets for their tours. But because there are so many choices, it can be hard to know where to start.
In this piece, we’ll look at the 5 best ways to sell tickets to your tour on Facebook. We’ll talk about ways to stay ahead of your rivals, like setting up Facebook events, forming partnerships with influential people, using user-generated content, and more.
All right? Let’s find out!
Idea 1: Utilize Facebook event pages
Want to sell more tickets on Facebook for your tour? Using Facebook event pages is a simple method that works well. “But my tours aren’t events,” you might say. Don’t worry, you’re not doing anything wrong. In fact, trips and activities are important events in and of themselves because they are fun things going on in your area.
The best thing about making a Facebook event is that it lets you show potential customers your business for free. People would usually have to search for your Facebook business page on their own or pay to find it. But if you create a Facebook event, people can see your tour or activity right away in the events section and on Facebook Local for future dates. And people who follow linked pages and groups or look through the chosen category may see it as “events you may like.” This gets the word out to the people who are most likely to be interested.
When someone clicks “going” or “interested,” their friends often see it on their news feed or in a notification, spreading the word about your event immediately.
You can also share events on your Facebook business page to get more people to come and use your biggest fans’ social networks.
So, if you want to make an event on Facebook for your tour or exercise, what do you do? It’s simple! Just do these easy things:
- Go to your Facebook page and click on the nine-dot button under “Gaming” on the left. Then click on “Events.”
- Add an interesting picture or video of your tour or action to get people interested.
- Make a short but interesting name for the event. Your tour or activity’s name will do, but feel free to be unique.
- Enter your meeting place as the event site and add a description to let people know what to expect.
- Choose the area that best fits your event. Choose “Other” if there isn’t a category that fits exactly.
- Set how often your event will happen. Click “Customize dates and times” to add more time slots, or start with one and see how it goes. Make sure to set up your Facebook event at least a week ahead of time so that people have time to get interested.
- Add any vendors or co-hosts for your tour or event to help get the word out. A great idea is to make one of your tour guides a co-host.
- In the “Tickets” field, you can add important keywords and the URL of your booking page.
- Complete the steps and click “Create event.” You’re done!
Idea 2: Use Facebook ads and targeted promotions
Want to meet more people on Facebook? Boosting your posts may seem like a simple way out, but it’s important to remember that there are better ways to do things. This is why:
You can only choose two goals when boosting a post, which may not be ideal if your goal is to get more strikes. Also, the Boost Post option in Ads Manager is missing some useful tools, like the ability to split test ads to improve results.
Another downside is that you can only boost things that are already on your timeline. Even though you can’t change the words, what works for your current fans might not work for new people.
Use Ads Manager instead of Boost Post if you want more control, planning, and optimization. It may take a little more work, but it’s worth it because you’ll be able to:
- Set up ads and ad sets to make things easier to manage.
- For better efficiency, make copies, change them, and A/B test them.
- Choose specific places and ways to show your ads to make them more focused.
- Real-time reports let you see how well ads are doing.
And what’s best? You don’t have to make a separate Ads Manager account because Facebook gives you one when you set up your business Page.
Idea 3: Utilize Facebook groups and communities
A Facebook business page is a great way to keep your fans up to date on your business, but sometimes your customers want a little more. They want to feel like they are important and that their loyalty is valued. A secret Facebook group can help with that.
By making a group, you can offer savings and deals at your special place that only group members can get. This makes your guests feel appreciated and gives you a direct line to your most loyal buyers.
You can also keep them up to date on what’s new, start talks about things they like, and even offer special deals to get them to book with you again.
Also, a Facebook group is a great way to get your friends to talk to each other. They can meet other people who like your business and are interested in the same things they are.
For example, if you run a business where people throw axes, you can set up a group where league members can meet and get to know each other. If you run a business that offers scuba diving, you can use a group to connect new dives with experienced dive buddies. It works out well for everyone.
Idea 4: Utilize influencer partnerships
Partnering with influential people on Facebook can be a good way to sell more show tickets. Here’s what to do first:
- First, find people with a lot of Facebook followers who share the same values as your brand. It would be best to look for people with a lot of power who love to travel or go on adventures.
- Second, reach out to them and offer to work together. Give them free tickets or a cut of the sales if they spread the word about your show on Facebook. Make sure you know what you want and what you will give.
- Third, it’s time to work with the influencers to make fun and interesting material that best shows off your tour. You can spread the word with pictures, videos, and written posts.
- Fourth, make a unique tracking link or discount code that the influencers can share with their fans. This will make it easier to keep track of how many tickets were sold because of the partnership.
- Lastly, every marketing plan needs to keep an eye on the results and make changes as needed. Also, if the relationship works, your travel agency should think about adding more influencers or running a bigger campaign with more than one influencer.
Idea 5: Use social media contests and giveaways
Trust me, everyone loves a good offer, especially if it means free tickets to an awesome event.
If you want to get more people to follow you, sell more tickets, and get people talking about your event on social media, you might want to give away tickets. But before you start, you should plan it out to get the most out of your money.
Here are a few things to think about when planning a ticket giveaway on social media:
- What do you want to do? To choose the best strategy for your campaign, you need to know what you want to get out of your gift. Do you want more email addresses, more people to know about you, or more tickets sold? Choose a gift that fits with the goal you have for your business.
- Choose the type of prize. You can choose between a sweepstake, where the winner is chosen at random, and a race, where the winner is chosen based on certain rules. Think about the pros and cons of each one and choose the one that will help you reach your goal the best.
- Entry Methods. There are many ways to run a giveaway, but you can choose the one that works best for your crowd. A simple enter-to-win sweepstake, a hashtag game, a “tag a friend” campaign, or a survey are all popular ways to do this.
Selling tour tickets on Facebook can be a great way to reach a wider audience and boost sales. By implementing our best practices, we’ve discussed – hosting a Facebook event, partnering with influencers, or even leveraging Facebook groups and communities… You can make your tour stand out and entice more people to buy tickets.
And if you need help implementing any of these strategies or want to learn more about how to sell tour tickets on Facebook, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re here to help and would love to hear from you!
Thank you for reading, and we look forward to working with you to grow your tour business on Facebook.
Unleash The Full Potential of Your Travel Agency Website with Traveler